WOMEN IN CABLE TELECOMMUNICATIONS
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER
BOARD MEMBER AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
WICT develops women leaders who transform our industry. Developing women leaders is our mission. As the oldest and largest organization serving women professionals in cable telecommunications, Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) is at the forefront of an industry undergoing constant change. Since its founding in 1979, WICT has remained steadfast in its resolve to advance the position and influence of women through proven leadership programs and services at both the national and local level.
Northern California WICT is seeking volunteers to become part of the team to create women leaders in Northern California. If you have been looking for a way to get involved and have some time to volunteer, we would love to hear from you. This year we are raising the bar and have all our leaders and volunteers ready to refine and build new skills for your career.
Sponsorship/Fundraising Co-chair: OPEN
- Manages the Chapter sponsorship efforts which provide the primary source of funding for all Chapter activities.
- Responsible for creating, keeping and updating target/actuals sponsor lists/database with contacts and annual sponsorship amounts.
- Adheres to consistent brand messaging and guidelines as outlined by WICT National and the Model Chapter Business Plan.
- Responsible for obtaining sponsorship and coordinating benefits with other member of the Chapter Board.
- Responsible for ensuring best in class sponsor relations.
- Develop new and innovative sponsorship opportunities to ensure the financial success of the events and Chapter.
- Cultivate and pursues sponsorship leads.
- Ensure timely collection of pledge sponsorship monies.
- Works closely with Chapter Treasurer to ensure proper invoicing and payment procedures are met.
Outreach Co-Chair: OPEN
- Sets strategy, guidelines, processes and tracks progress of all standalone network and outreach events for chapter members at the local level.
- Works with Membership Chair to identify and recruit new opportunities for chapter partnership and membership growth.
- Conducts open-house informational meetings and lunch and learns to generate interest in partnership and membership
- Serves as the primary Contact to other industry organizations (NAMIC, CTAM, SCTE) as appropriate.
- Create/sustain a group of liaisons from under represented companies whose duties may include:
- Serving as WICT ambassadors to their respective companies.
- Communication Chapter program information (event posting on corporate message boards , flyers)
- Oversees the Outreach Calendar for the year and ensures outreach committees are properly oriented to the needs of the chapter and have a clear understanding of budgeting, staffing, and follow up from events.
- Ensures all marketing and communications for outreach programs are done on a timely basis.
- Works with Chair of annual Mixer to design, plan and implement networking mixer.
- Coordinates efforts at schools, universities, etc.
- Conducts presentations and network mixer to promote WICT.
- Promotes WICT to students through career placement offices and informal network with Executive Board.
Webmaster Co-chair: OPEN
- Provides reliable IT/database support to the Chapter.
- Helps with purchasing and maintain Website and other IT issues.
- Provides support to online enrollment and collection of sponsorships and program fees.
- Works with WICT National to ensure technical aspects of chapter website is functioning at full capacity.
- Works closely with Communications/Marketing Chair to upload content and develop marketing strategies.
Membership Co-chair: Open
- Membership shall be responsible for new member recruitment: finding qualified professionals for membership and securing their membership for the Chapter on an ongoing basis throughout the year.
- Responsible for activation and renewals.
- Maintain an accurate membership roster and keep the Secretary informed of membership Changes.
- Responsible to obtain the Chapter membership roster/updates for the National WICT organization and shall forward the current membership information to the chapter Secretary, on a monthly basis.
- Responsible to encourage prompt renewal of membership.
- Responsible for membership table at all events.
- Serve as an ambassador to recruit new members.
- Develop strategies to strength the value of becoming a WICT member.
- Directors at Large: One Position Open
- These individuals will be responsible to chair one event.
- Serve as an ambassador for WICT Northern California and to spread the value of WICT to friends, colleagues, company executives.
- Will be assigned as needed for events and duties need for the success of WICT.
If you would like to be involved more in depth with Northern California WICT and meeting others in your industry for networking, mentoring, etc., we have a great opportunity for you to join one of our committees.
Mentoring Committee: Open
- Help develop, implement, and manage components of the Chapter’s mentoring program.
- Assist to attract and recruit committed members to the mentoring program.
- Assist mentoring chair and co-chair as needed.
Outreach Committee: Open
- Help sets strategy, guidelines, processes and tracks progress of all standalone network and outreach events for chapter members at the local level.
- Assist Outreach Chair in working with Membership Chair to identify and recruit new opportunities for chapter partnership and membership growth.
- Help conducts open-house informational meetings and lunch and learns to generate interest in partnership and membership.
Sign up to volunteer to work on a committee to create the event, or to work the day of the even on site. on one of our events.
The following events are currently scheduled and we are looking for a few volunteers for each event. We are looking for men and women who are serious about being part of the team and contributing. You will be working with a stellar team of WICT leaders!
Northern California WICT 2015 Events
Women Leading Innovation – March 18th – Comcast Innovation Center, Sunnyvale, CA
Tech It Out - April 2nd – Location TBD
WICT Mentoring Event – May 6 @ Round Hill Country Club, Alamo County
June 2nd – Taste of WICT –Roof Top @ 360 Third Street, San Francisco, CA
July 1st – Golf Tournament – Dublin, CA
July – Webinar
September – Executive Symposium
December 8th – Holiday Gala – Casa Real, Pleasanton, CA